Hi! I’m Frédéric Perrin, a French user interface developer, currently a Design Developer at Microsoft in Paris.
I like building beautiful and usable user interfaces whether it’s on the web or in apps. After a ten-year career as a front-end designer and developer I’m now learning how to build apps and specifically the new Windows Universal Apps.
Of course I like coding! Different languages to implement similar patterns in design and user experience on the web and in apps. In both worlds I encounter similar notions like the MVVM (Model–view–viewmodel) pattern, data binding, handling events…
Design and UX
Small details make a difference! On the design side I’m style guide obsessed. I’ve built several user interface frameworks or style guides to share reusable design elements and front-end components across teams.
On the UX side I’m now learning how to build accessibility features like keyboard navigation and optimizing the experience when using screen readers.
About this site
I use this site as a design and code playground. Learning and experimenting. Here are a few design and technical aspects:
- This site uses the Ghost blogging engine in Node.js.
- I use the free and open-source Visual Studio Code editor.
- On the front-end side I use parts of Foundation. The assets are built and optimized through a custom Gulp build task.
- I use a SVG icon system with my own icons.
- The design elements are made with the Affinity Designer vector design app.
- This site embeds the open-source Source Sans Pro typeface from Adobe.
My personal blog
This is my personal blog. Its content is my own and is not affiliated with the company I work for.